Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop - July 2023 "Use a grid pattern"

Hello stampers!

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Global Blog Hop for July 2023 where we are being challenged to use a grid pattern in our layout.  This is my first time participating, and I hope that you are inspired to also try using a grid on your next layout!  You might have hopped over from Cheryl's blog - did you see her awesome layout?! If you missed it, head over there now... if you're still on the hop, there's a list at the bottom of this post to help you visit everyone else.

Scrapbooking Global is a Facebook group especially for scrappers who use Stampin' Up! products.  It's a great place to visit for some scrapping inspiration, and everyone is so supportive of each other.  If this sounds like you, please drop by for a visit and see for yourself :)

This month we are using grids in our layouts.  


The challenge this month was set by Julia Quinn - thanks for the inspiration!


I played with lots of ideas, and several different sets of photos, but this is what I eventually settled on.  I couldn't cover up those gorgeous daisies, and I love this cloudy blue!  So, inspired by square white tiles, I went for a smaller grid as a feature, rather than a larger grid which was my original intention.


 My tip for doing a grid like this, is to use a clear ruler with a grid on it - like a quilting ruler.  It makes it so much easier - and even though it's not perfect, it's definitely better than trying to eyeball it.

I've used the following products to create this layout:

  • Fresh As A Daisy Designer Series Paper
  • Azure Afternoon, Basic White and Mossy Meadow cardstock
  • Cheerful Daisies and Love For You dies

Thank you so much for visiting me today - but now it's time to hop on over to Sharon's blog and see how other crafters have interpreted the grid challenge this month!

Happy crafting!
Lauren


Blog Hop Index



Comments

  1. Thank you for joining Lauren and I am glad that you enjoyed creating this layout for the grid pattern theme. We hope that you will join us again next month. That daisy dsp is my favourite too. Cheers Shaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH what a perfect way to make the most of this gorgeous paper!! I love the little white grid pieces!! This looks totally amazing. And the die cut daisies are just glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a beautiful page Lauren, I too love this Daisy paper and you have done it justice! Your grid is very ingenious and works so well on your layout, well done! And thanks so much for joining us this month, we love to see other scrapper's beautiful work. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative way to combine a grid layout with this beautiful sheet of dsp! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts