Introducing Ballet Beauty

 


Hello stampers!

A very warm happy new year to you all! I hope you have enjoyed time with the people you love and have had some time to do something creative and bucket filling!

Today is a very special day in the Stampin' Up! calendar!  5 January 2023 is the first day of our first Mini Catalogue for the year, plus our annual Sale-A-Bration promotion!  You can find all the information on my website, and as always you can contact me with any questions you have about all the opportunities to receive free Stampin' Up! goodies between now and 28 February!

Today's card is part of the January Sweet Heart Global Collective blog hop which I hope you are enjoying each month.  Have you been inspired by one or more of our cards? We hope so!


As soon as I saw these ballerinas in Ballet Beauty, I was in L-O-V-E! Ballet was an important part of my childhood and I actually bought them to make a scrapbook layout... I must get over to Mum's and get some old ballet photos to do that!

I did a bit of experimenting with the stamps from this set, and my best results definitely came from doing the marker-to-stamp technique.  Remember you must never use your alcohol markers (eg Stampin' Blends) on your stamps, but the water-based Stampin' Write Markers are perfect for it.  I used Petal Pink and Bermuda Bay pens for this card, with the legs stamp.  To line up the ballerinas across the card, I drew a faint pencil line and used that to line up my dancers.  The skirts are circles die-cut from vellum, folded in half, then folded in half, quarters and eighths to create the concertina pleats.   I debated cutting the circles in half but I kind of liked the idea of layers, as if there were layers of tulle like a real tutu.  The edges were sponged with Bermuda Bay ink.  

I needed to use glue to attach the skirts to the card and used acrylic blocks to weigh them down while they dried.  The barre was added at the end to a) cover up the pencil mark, b) hide a glue mark and c) hide the top of the skirts.  As I always say in my classes, there are no mistakes - just a reason to add something else... and if it is truly irreparable, it's just paper just start again!


To recreate this card, you'll need to order the stamp set Ballet Beauty and use a sentiment of your choice - I've used one from another new set Best Family Ever. You can use any colour, just use a matching Stampin' Write Marker and you're set!

This card is part of a set of three that I have made up for a future class if you're from the Cairns region, contact me to go on my mailing list to be the first to know when it is scheduled. If you're not a local, let me know that you'd prefer this to be an online workshop or class-by-mail.

If you’re in Australia you can order all of these things from my website from today. And don't forget, if you spend over AUD$90 you'll also receive a freebie... if you need help redeeming this, let me know before checking out.

Happy stamping! Lauren

PS If you enjoyed this project and crafting along with me, you can follow my blog to stay up to date (just click on the menu icon at the top of the page and click 'follow') or sign up to receive my newsletter if you're an Aussie crafter. You can also hang out with me and my crafty friends on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.


Comments

  1. Lauren, I love the creativity of your card! I would have never thought to use vellum for the concertinas. Thank you for joining our "hop!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathi! I wanted to experiment with tulle but it was too bulky... I'm determined to make it work... somehow! :)

      Delete
  2. Lauren, I love how you created your dancing skirts, so clever of you! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Beautiful card! Such a clever design. Thank you for sharing,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts