Easy Tri-Fold Scene Card

 


Hello stampers!

I can't believe how quickly it's come around to time for our next Sweethearts Global Technique Blog Hop! This time we are looking at Fancy Folds... I hope as you travel around all of our blogs you get inspired to try something new.

Today I am sharing a simple tri-fold scene card that is from my childhood.  My grandma was making cards using all sorts of things - painting, lace, pressed and dried flowers, stitching, stamping... and I remember that many of them were this tri-fold style with a hole in the front panel and the artwork on the inside flap - but hidden when the card was opened.


I experimented with putting a hole in the middle panel as well, hoping for three levels of scenery - however it just looked better to cover that middle panel with the background DSP instead of putting it where we would normally stamp the sentiment and write a message.  And like I always say with our papercrafting - there are no mistakes, just reasons to add more, or cover more, or try again!


I don't know if you noticed that I also did a peekaboo banner window for the 'warm wishes' sentient on the card!



It's time to hop on over to the other Sweethearts to see what Fun Folds they have for you this month!


Blog Hop Index

For this card, you need to use a half sheet of 12x12" cardstock scored into three.  I ran the first and middle panels through the Stamp & Emboss machine with a circle die at the same time so they'd be perfectly lined up, and added the banner die to the centre panel by itself.  The embellishing for this kind of card is really your choice!  I've used the Kindest Gnomes Designer Series Paper (DSP) which is actually retiring this month - the only stamp I've used is the sentiment.

If you’re in Australia you can order all of these things from my website. We have our Last Chance sale on now, plus the Clearance Rack is full of goodies so be sure to check it out!

Happy stamping! Lauren

PS If you enjoyed this project and crafting along with me, you can follow my blog to stay up to date (just click on the menu icon at the top of the page and click 'follow'), or sign up to receive my newsletter if you're an Aussie crafter. You can also hang out with me and my crafty friends on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts