Lockdown Shenanigans Layout

 

Hello stampers!

Today I have this fun scrapbook layout to share with you called "Lockdown Shenanigans".  Like everyone else, we found some fun and innovative ways to entertain ourselves while we were at home.  Yes - we are both wearing uniforms - I'm an essential worker so attended work each day, and C felt that wearing his school uniform put him in the right headspace for learning at home.  It must have worked, he maintained his grades right through that period and beyond :)

On this particular day, we were playing with filters and having a wonderful time with lots of laughs.  We aren't usually tongue-poking, filter using people - I don't think we've done it since! - but it was a lot of fun!





So on to the important stuff - what did I use!?

Well, I only used one product - the Dainty Flowers Designer Series Paper (DSP) that is one of the Sale-A-Bration free products this year!  (Plus one bee trinket, which is retired, and a last minute addition).

Here's how to CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit!) my layout today:

  1. Spend $90 in my online store during Sale-A-Bration (ie before 28 February 2023) and choose the "Dainty Flowers DSP" as your free item.
  2. HINT: The co-ordinating stamp and die bundle is $96.25 - so you could purchase this and get the matching paper FREE!
  3. Wait patiently for the mail...
  4. Choose one of the watercoloured backgrounds.
  5. Matt your photos with DSP.
  6. Find the DSP with these lovely big flowers along two edges.  Cut the sheet in half, and then fussy cut along the top of the flowers to make the garden.  
  7. Fussy cut two more bunches of flowers (or stamp, colour and die cut your own) for under the title.
  8. I've handwritten the title "LOCKDOWN SHENANIGANS" using the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker onto a small strip of Basic White cardstock and matted it to a scrap that matches the photo matts.
  9. Adhere the photo matts and garden border to the background. 
  10. Add a little twine to the bunches of flowers, add the title and position them on the layout.

Easy, hey!? I think this DSP pack would be perfect for a whole range of layouts, especially any featuring the garden, spring or fairy costumes! 

If you CASE my layout, I'd love to see it! Share it on Instagram and tag @stampinginthetropics so that I'll get a notification, or head over to my Facebook Community Group and share it there!

Happy stamping! Lauren

PS If you enjoyed this project and crafting along with me, you can follow my blog to stay up to date (just click on the menu icon at the top of the page and click 'follow') or sign up to receive my newsletter if you're an Aussie crafter. You can also hang out with me and my crafty friends on YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.

Comments

Popular Posts